Technical Specifications Take a virtual tour
As ballet and opera are performed primarily with acoustic music, the War Memorial Opera House does not have an in-house system for sound reinforcement. If your performance requires sound reinforcement, rental of an outside public address system will be necessary.
STANDARD FACILITY EQUIPMENT
- Road Board hook-up consisting of four 3-phase 5-wire 400 amp panels downstage right
- Basic theatrical front lighting pre-hung
- 5 sets of black velour legs and borders and 2 blackout curtains
- Automated fly rail with 66 linesets
- Closed-circuit television stage monitors
- Call, intercom and show monitor to dressing rooms
- Headset communication between all operating positions
- Backstage dressing rooms with mirrors, toilets, sinks and showers
- Mens’ and womens’ locker rooms
- Rehearsal space/ballet studio
- Performers’ lounge
- Proscenium opening: 52' wide
- Height of permanent valence at centerline: 31'6"
- Grid height: 116'
- Stage height from house floor: 3'6"
- Curtain line to pit (apron edge): 4'4"
- Curtain line to back wall: 64'
- Sidewall to sidewall: 123'
- Torm towers opening: 41'4" to 48'8"
- Balcony rail to footlights: 80'
ORCHESTRA PIT MEASUREMENTS
- Playing positions: 6’8,” 7’11” or 8’2” below stage level
- Maximum capacity: 90
- Width at center line: 19’10”
LOADING ACCESS DIMENSIONS
- 15' wide loading doors on Grove and Franklin Streets can accommodate two trucks at once.
- Door connecting upstage storage addition to stage is 32' wide by 30' high.